How to Make an Artificial Eucalyptus Wreath18 Sep 2020
Create your very own stunning all seasonal decorative accessory using our favourite foliage, eucalyptus. The neutral, elegant green colours of this artificial eucalyptus wreath would make it the perfect front door wreath or wall decoration throughout the festive season and beyond.
If you love a natural, clean, simplistic look then this wreath is for you!
Time to Create: 1 – 1 ½ Hours
For this make you are going to need the following products:
1 x Wire Cutters
How to Make
1. The first step to take in making your eucalyptus wreath is to prep your eucalyptus. To do this cut down your eucalyptus stems into smaller pieces. We cut ours into approximately 6-7 inch sprigs. Leave enough stem to be able to attach to the wire wreath ring.
2. Next, it’s time to start placing your eucalyptus sprigs onto the wreath ring and attaching them with the wire. The idea is to have all of your foliage flowing in the same direction around your wreath ring. Start by taking a single sprig of eucalyptus, place this onto the wreath ring in the direction you want it to flow and secure by wrapping your wire around the stem and the wreath ring a few times.
3. Keep on adding more sprigs and securing them to the wreath frame using the same technique as above. You can either cut each piece of wire off from the reel after you have attached your sprig or, like us, keep your wire attached to the reel and wrap in a continuous fashion as you add more sprigs. Make sure as you go to keep attaching the sprigs in the same direction. Don’t worry if it looks a little messy at the start, as you continue to add more foliage you’ll start to see it all coming together and taking a nice full form.
4. Keep adding eucalyptus until the entire wreath frame is filled up and it looks like you have a nice even density of leaves. If you do find you have some sparse sections, simply bulk up your wreath with some smaller sprigs in these areas.
5. Once the wreath is finished, turn your wreath onto it’s front. The finishing touch is to tie some festive ribbon to the wreath ring to hang. And you’re done!